24th March 2018 to 25th March 2018
The program is designed to take novices on an Australian Classic Yacht race!
Two days of training which will cover the essentials of sailing plus spinnaker work, how to hoist, fly, gybe, drop and pack spinnakers.
- How to prepare the yacht for spinnakers
- Learn how to control the sheets and braces
- Learn how to control the tack line
- How to rig the spinnaker
- How to hoist the spinnaker
- How to gybe the spinnaker
- How to drop the spinnaker
- Understand the spinnaker boom and correct setting
- Control the spinnaker boom up haul and downhaul
Also helming techniques, race start, race rules and race prep.