How to Find Us
Our Office is located at the Mooloolaba Marina, 33-45 Parkyn Parade, Mooloolaba on the Sunshine Coast.
It is highly recommended that you take out a travel insurance policy for the sailing trips you have booked and paid for to safeguard yourself in the case of cancellation for any reason; including but not limited to, adverse weather, lack of students, health reasons and COVID-19, vessel breakdown, breakages, itinerary change or instructor illness. Minimum insurance cover should be considered for flights, accommodation and personal health.
As the weather is outside anyone’s control, it is at the skipper/instructor’s discretion as to whether the vessel will be operated at any time. While we wish to get you the maximum sailing time and complete the program, we value your safety and will stay in a safe haven until it is deemed safe to leave. If the weather conditions cause any iinconvenience or time issues SSA shall incur no further liability.
There may be instances due to weather conditions where starting or finishing a course at the planned location is not suitable. In such instances and at Sunshine Sailing Australia’s sole discretion, Sunshine Sailing Australia may elect to start or finish a course at another location in the interests of the best learning environment and safety for staff, vessels and course participants.
Sunshine Sailing Australia has a zero tolerance policy for any and all discrimination, aggression or violence towards our staff or clients. Anyone engaging in such behaviour as deemed by the instructor or SSA staff will be asked to leave the course immediately.
Sunshine Sailing Australia acknowledges that an ice cold beverage on the back deck with a beautiful sunset is all a part of the yachting dream. As such, you are welcome to bring along a beverage or two to enjoy of your own free will once we are secured to our berth, mooring or anchorage for the night. However, you must at all times during the course remain under the legal limit to drive a vehicle. It is illegal to master a vessel over the legal limit, and any person on board may need to take charge of the vessel in the unlikely event of an emergency. There may be some evenings where a night sail is planned, or an early morning start is planned as a part of the course syllabus, in these circumstances there will be no alcohol consumed as all sail training must occur with a clear head and a focus on safety as the number one priority.
You agree to advise SSA of any medical disability or illness, which may affect the ability to participate in the program that you have chosen prior to the commencement. It shall be at the discretion of SSA to refuse you where there is an unacceptable risk as assessed by SSA or it’s representatives at any stage or at the time.
We recommend taking out travel insurance to cover you against any impacts of COVID-19 on your ability to attend a course. If you are required to isolate or quarantine due to COVID-19 infection and that interferes with your course dates, we will not be able to provide a credit unless we are able to fill your spot at short notice. Therefore, you may like to have insurance in place to cover you against this unlikely, but unfortunate event.
While it is highly unlikely, in the event that we need to reschedule a course due to COVID-19 affecting out ability to run a course for any reason, we will reschedule your course at no cost. The health and safety of our clients and staff is our top priority. We we will not be liable for any additional costs born out of needing to reschedule the course.
GST is included in all prices.
Payment can be made via:
- Online as mentioned in the 1st paragraph of this document.
- Cash, (drop in and say hi).
- Direct to the SSA bank account: Commonwealth Bank of Australia
Account: Sunshine Sailing Australia Pty Ltd
BSB: 064 466 Account Number: 1016 9483
Swift Code: CTBAAU2S
- Credit Card with an additional 2.2% surcharge, (over the phone, email or by person).
All Courses, DO NOT BRING
- Hard suitcase
- Hard briefcase
- High heels
- Black soled or marking shoes
- Red wine
- Any type of bag with wheels
What to bring
- Sunglasses, sunscreen, hat, shoulder covered shirt, shorts or wetsuit, warm jumper and/or spray jacket.
- Change of clothes, towel. Hot showers and toilets available
- Foot wear that you don’t mind getting wet.
- Snack, lunch and bottled water sufficient for the day.
- Life vest will be provided.
Day only programs please bring:
- Sunglasses, sunscreen, hat, sailing gloves, shoulder covered shirt, shorts or flexible slacks, warm jumper and spray jacket.
- Deck shoes or shoes with white soles – that don’t mark. No black or dark soled shoes please!
- Any personal requirements or medications.
- Snack and bottled water sufficient for the duration of the trip.
- All safety gear will be provided.
- All contained in a small soft bag. No hard bags/cases/wheels!
For Overnight programs, please bring: (Overnight sailing courses and adventures)
- Sunglasses, sunscreen, hat, sailing gloves, shoulder covered shirt, shorts or flexible lacks, warm clothes and spray jackets.
- Your best pillow and bedding (eg: sleeping bag, sheet or blanket).
- Deck shoes or shoes with white soles – that doesn’t mark. No black or dark soled shoes please! Any personal requirements or medications.
- Several changes of clothing
- Toiletries, camera, towel and swimmers.
- All contained in a small soft bag. No hard bags/cases/wheels!
- Food and drink whilst onboard will be supplied. In this modern-day world of food, there are many and varied diets and dietary requirements. SSA is not a catering company or a restaurant, we will cater for the many dietary needs as best we can but will not guarantee we will meet your specific needs, therefore, if you have any particular needs, please cater for these yourself.
- All safety gear will be provided.
For Shorebased courses please bring;
- Navigational instruments such as, Bretton plotter or similar, roller rule, parallel rules, dividers and pencil compass
- 2B pencils, sharpener, pens, erasers
- Any drinks, lunch and snacks
- You will be provided with all books, tables along with sample charts and publications that would be typically used on offshore passages. We also have some great publications available for purchase.
Recommended Local Accommodation
There are many accommodation options from backpacker through to 6 stars.
Options very close by are; http://www.mooloolababackpackers.com/ http://www.newportapartments.com.au/
or go to this website for more,
Cancelling with less than 30 days notice
In the unlikely circumstance that you need to cancel your course with less than 30 days notice, we will make every effort to fill your place on the course, but you remain liable for the full amount. If we are able to fill your place we will transfer your booking to another available date within six months at your request, and an additional administration charge of $165 will be payable. If you are not able to transfer to another course starting within 6 months of your original course start date, you will forfeit the funds paid.
Cancelling with more than 30 days notice
We will happily hold your payments made for 6 months so you can reschedule to another date, after 6 months you will forfeit your funds paid. There is a $165 administration charge added for date changes of confirmed bookings.
After the start of a program
If you start a program, but need to leave the program before the scheduled end date and time for whatever reason, no refunds will be given.
Cancellation by Sunshine Sailing Australia
If Sunshine Sailing Australia cancels a program for any reason, we will provide you with a credit to use on another course and/or date. Any refunds are provided at the discretion of Sunshine Sailing Australia on a case by case basis.
Liability Waiver and Release
SAILING RENTAL AGREEMENT, RELEASE OF LIABILITY, WAIVER OF CLAIMS,
ASSUMPTION OF RISKS AND INDEMNITY AGREEMENT
(hereinafter referred to as the “Release Agreement”)
BY SIGNING THIS DOCUMENT YOU WILL WAIVE OR GIVE UP CERTAIN LEGAL RIGHTS, INCLUDING THE RIGHT TO SUE OR CLAIM COMPENSATION FOLLOWING AN ACCIDENT PLEASE READ CAREFULLY!
I ACKNOWLEDGE THAT IT IS STRONGLY RECOMMENDED THAT I OBTAIN TRAVEL INSURANCE, AS SAILING IS DEPENDANT ON EXTERNAL FACTORS THAT OFTEN OUT OF THE CONTROL OF THE PROVIDER.
I STATE THAT I AM MEDICALLY, PHYSICALLY, AND MENTALLY CAPABLE OF MULTI-DAY SAILING. I UNDERSTAND THAT IT CAN BE PHYSICALLY DEMANDING, AND EXHAUSTING. I UNDERSTAND THAT IT IS MY RESPONSIBILITY TO ENSURE THAT MY PHYSICAL CONDITION MEETS THE DEMANDS OF SAILING OVER MULTIPLE DAYS.
TO: Project E2, PTY LTD operating Sunshine Sailing Australia, and its directors, officers, employees, instructors, guides, agents, representatives, independent contractors, subcontractors, suppliers, sponsors, successors and assigns (all of whom are hereinafter referred as “the Releasees”)
In this Release Agreement sailing of any type of vessel in any body of water, hereinafter “the Activities”, shall include all activities, events or services provided, arranged, organized, conducted, sponsored or authorized by the Releasees and shall include, but is not limited to: still water sailing: ocean sailing; sailing in surf or moving water; rental of sailboats (hereinafter “vessels”), and other equipment; orientation and instructional courses, seminars and sessions; and all travel, transport and accommodation; and other such activities, events and services in any way connected with or related to sailing or the rental of sailboats and/or equipment.
I accept full responsibility for any equipment rented (“the Equipment”) and agree to pay for any damage to the Equipment and replace the Equipment at full retail value if not returned by the agreed date.
I acknowledge that I have been advised in the use of an approved personal floatation device while sailing and to carry other safety equipment as required for the journey.
ASSUMPTION OF RISKS
I am aware that sailing and the rental of equipment involves many risks, dangers and hazards including, but not limited to: accidents which occur during transportation or travel to and from the put in; slip and falls while getting into or out of the boats; overturning of the boats; loss of balance; impact, collision with or entrapment by trees, logs, deadfall, boats or equipment; hypothermia; drowning, changing and inclement weather conditions including storms, high wind, high waves, and lightning; on land or camping hazards such as falling due to uneven terrain, unstable beach logs, slippery rocks, falling branches, campfire, pressurized cooking fuels and appliances, kitchen equipment, hot liquid; encounters with domestic or wild animals; mechanical failure of the equipment, negligence on the part of other participants; and NEGLIGENCE ON THE PART THE RELEASEES
AND THE EQUIPMENT MANUFACTURERS AND DISTRIBUTORS AND THEIR STAFF, INCLUDING THE FAILURE ON THE PART OF THE RELEASEES TO SAFEGUARD OR PROTECT ME FROM THE RISKS, DANGERS AND HAZARDS AS A RESULT OF MY USE OF THE EQUIPMENT.
I AM AWARE OF THE RISKS, DANGERS AND HAZARDS ASSOCIATED WITH SAILBOATS AND THE RENTAL OF EQUIPMENT AND I FREELY ACCEPT AND FULLY ASSUME ALL SUCH RISKS, DANGERS AND HAZARDS AND THE POSSIBILITY OF PERSONAL INJURY, DEATH, PROPERTY DAMAGE OR LOSS RESULTING THEREFROM.
RELEASE OF LIABILITY, WAIVER OF CLAIMS AND INDEMNITY AGREEMENT
In consideration of the RELEASEES agreeing to rent me paddle craft equipment and permitting my use of their services, equipment and other facilities, and for other good and valuable consideration, the receipt and sufficiency of which is acknowledged, I hereby agree as follows:
- TO WAIVE ANY AND ALL CLAIMS that I have or may in the future have against the RELEASEES AND THE EQUIPMENT MANUFACTURERS AND DISTRIBUTORS AND TO RELEASE THE RELEASEES from any and all liability for any loss, damage, expense or injury, including death, that I may suffer or that my next of kin may suffer, as a result of my participation in sailing or use of the Equipment, DUE TO ANY CAUSE
- TO HOLD HARMLESS AND INDEMNIFY THE RELEASEES for any and all liability for any property damage, loss or personal injury to any third party resulting from my participation in the use of sail boats or the use of the Equipment;
- This Release Agreement shall be effective and binding upon my heirs, next of kin, executors, administrators, assigns and representatives, in the event of my death or incapacity:
- This Release Agreement and any rights, duties and obligations as between the parties to this Release Agreement shall be governed by and interpreted solely in accordance with the laws of the province of Nova Scotia and no other jurisdiction; and
- Any litigation involving the parties to this Release Agreement shall be brought solely before Courts in Brisbane, QLD and shall be within the exclusive jurisdiction of the Courts of Queensland.
WHATSOEVER, INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE, BREACH OF CONTRACT, OR BREACH OF WARRANTY ON THE PART OF THE RELEASEES IN
RESPECT OF THE DESIGN, MANUFACTURE, SELECTION, INSTALLATION, MAINTENANCE, INSPECTION, SERVICE OR REPAIR OF THE
EQUIPMENT, or in respect of the provision of or the failure to provide any warnings, directions, instructions or guidance as to the use of the
In entering into this Release Agreement I am not relying on any oral or written representations or statements made by the Releasees with respect to the safety of participating in paddle craft sports or my use of the Equipment, other than what is set forth in this Release Agreement.
I CONFIRM THAT I HAVE READ AND UNDERSTOOD THIS RELEASE AGREEMENT PRIOR TO SIGNING IT, AND I AM AWARE THAT BY SIGNING THIS RELEASE AGREEMENT I AM WAIVING CERTAIN LEGAL RIGHTS WHICH I OR MY HEIRS, NEXT OF KIN, EXECUTORS, ADMINISTRATORS, ASSIGNS AND REPRESENTATIVES MAY HAVE AGAINST THE RELEASEES.