This course introduces you to the fun and challenge of using asymmetrical and symmetrical spinnakers. Flying a spinnaker is a very satisfying and exhilarating experience that becomes very addictive! Lets learn how to do this safely and properly.
Learn how to rig, hoist, fly, gybe, drop and pack a symmetrical and asymmetrical spinnakers
WHAT WILL I LEARN?
- How to prepare the yacht for spinnakers
- Learn how to control the sheets and braces
- Learn how to control the tack line
- How to rig the spinnaker
- How to hoist the spinnaker
- How to gybe the spinnaker
- How to drop the spinnaker
- Understand the spinnaker boom and correct setting
- Control the spinnaker boom up haul and downhaul
WHAT DO I BRING?
Bring a hat, sunglasses, sunscreen, bathing suit, a warm jumper, change of clothes (minimal wardrobe needed), spray jacket. Be sure to pack this in a flexible soft bag. Water bottle, lunch and a snack.
WHERE ARE WE?
Course starts 10am. Our office is located at The Mooloolaba Marina on Parkyn Parade, Mooloolaba just an hour north of Brisbane. There’s ample parking. Click HERE to see a map.
WHAT DO I GET?
The ‘Keelboat Spinnaker’ certificate presented upon successful completion of your course.