This course develops both your theory and practical skills to confidently take control on the helm. This is perfect for those who wish to develop their sailing skills; helming, wind awareness, tacking and gybing.
Preparation of the boat, helm and trim on all points of sail, recovery of man overboard whilst at the helm.
What will I learn?
- How to helm the yacht on all points of sail
- How to set the sails and hunt the breeze
- Better helming techniques whilst tacking & gybing
- Understanding wind & weather
- Recognize relative direction to the wind & where it’s coming from
- Deeper understanding of the Rules of the Road
- Better understanding of the Buoyage system
- More knots, clove hitch, single and double sheet bends & rope handling
- How to use Winches plus jammers & cleats correctly
What do I bring?
Bring a hat, sunglasses, sunscreen, bathing suit, a warm jumper, change of clothes (minimal wardrobe needed), spray jacket. Be sure to pack this in a flexible soft bag. Water bottle, lunch and a snack.
Where are we?
Course starts 9:30am. Our office is located at The Mooloolaba Marina on Parkyn Parade, Mooloolaba just an hour north of Brisbane. There’s ample parking. Click HERE to see a map.
What do I get?
The ‘Start Helming’ certificate presented upon successful completion of your course.
Need more info?
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org, or call on (07) 5478 2299. We are more than happy to help!