“Standards of Training Certification and Watch keeping for Seafarers” (STCW)
STCW10 courses are a mandatory requirement for all crew from Deckhand to Chef to Captain on vessels larger than 24 meters, below 24 meters it is not mandatory, though all crew looking for employment are encouraged as it shows that basic safety training has been completed, therefore you are more marketable. There are 5 courses required, plus all courses meet RYA, YA, ISAF and MCA strict requirements!
What courses are included?
- Fire Fighting and Fire Prevention
- Elementary First Aid for Seafarers
- Personal Sea Survival Techniques
- Personal Safety and Social Responsibilities
- Maritime Security Awareness
What can I do with my STCW10?
Apply for employment on some of the worlds largest and most expensive power and sailing vessels worldwide! Benefits of the Superyacht industry are:
- Visit some of the worlds most exotic locations
- Travel the world in style
- Tax free income
- All expenses paid, cost free living
- Free medical care
- Annual leave
- Excellent employment advancement opportunities
Please note that to work on an Australian Registered Vessel you will need an AMSA recognized STCW10
What will I learn?
- Advanced 1st Aid, learn how to suture wounds and give injections
- Fight and extinguish fires, types and classes, hazard awareness
- Survive at sea in the event of vessel abandonment
- Minimise fire risk & maintain state of readiness to respond to emergency situations involving fire
- Observe safe working practices
- Comply with emergency procedures
- Contribute to effective human relationships on board a vessel
What do I bring?
Up to date and current photo ID, Pen/pencil and note paper, Change of clothes when undertaking pool work, [fully clothed in overalls or shorts and t shirt whist in the water], Enclosed footwear and long pants for live flare drills and Lunch
You will need a valid first aid certificate to take the course.
Where are we?
Training is undertaken near Nambour on Queenslands Sunshine Coast.
This course consists of the following:
- Approximately 30 hours of online training and assessments
- 2 days on-site training
- 4 hour zoom session the morning after the two days on-site training.
Upcoming Course Dates:
1st Sep to 3rd Sep
8th Sep to 10th Sep
15th Sep to 17th Sep
29th Sep to 1st Oct
13th Oct to 15th Oct
27th Oct to 29th Oct
10th Nov to 12th Nov
24th Nov to 26th Nov
8th Dec to 10th Dec